A mini-storytelling Festival of uniquely told, heartfelt narratives, Stories Now and Then, presents five exceptional performers each telling a 45-minute story. Six performances, five storytellers sharing paired stories that careen from humor to wisdom and back again on the intimate Open Eye Stage.
• Dovie Thomason, who is considered by many as the finest Native American teller today, shares "Space Cadet" in which NASA meets mythology and humor infects Cosmology. Sept. 13-15
• Chicago based Megan Wells brings Oscar Wilde's "The Canterville Ghost" to life in all it's shimmering beauty. Sept. 20-22
• Howard Lieberman's powerful testimony of the "Death Camp Diaries" was a “Best of” at the 2009 MN Fringe Festival. Sept 13 and Sept 21
• The ‘Godfather” of Twin Cities Storytellers, Loren Niemi tells "Finding Gregory" a lyrical view of friendship and the "be here now" that is living with Alzheimer’s. Sept 14 and Sept 22
• Debra Ting offers "Quothe the Raven" a vision of Edgar Allan Poe with feathers and the glint of an all-knowing eye. Sept 15 and Sept 20